Best Guitar For Kids
Best Guitar For Kids? That can be a difficult question to answer, however in this article we are going to attempt to lessen the anxiety about the question. We will try to provide you the answer to many of the basic questions, as well as recommendations, to make the process easier.
What is the right type of guitar for kids, acoustic, classical or electric?
First you need to decide what type of guitar to buy acoustic, classical or electric. This link to an article called “Classical vs. Acoustic vs. Electric: The Best Guitar for a Beginner” provides great guidance as to which type is best for your child and probably worth the read. With that said, for kids very young (ages 3 to 5) or on the smaller side, some professional guitar teachers suggest starting out with an ukulele because the size can be just more comfortable for them and they will learn very similar strumming patterns and movements as with a guitar.
Despite the fact that each guitar kind is built in a different way, they all have the exact same crucial parts– the strings, body, neck, equipment, fretboard, and headstock.
Classical guitars are typically furnished with nylon strings, whereas many acoustic and all electrical guitars included steel strings, which are seemingly less complicated to use.
Basically, nylon strings feel gentle, yet steel strings will certainly offer you the “locking” feel– once you place your fingers on a steel-string guitar, you will feel the stress, and your muscle mass will, consequently, keep in mind how each chord/note felt. This impact is diminished on nylon strings.
The body of an acoustic guitar is the biggest of the 3 types, if we’re taking the standard dreadnought shape as an instance.
An interesting meeting point in between electric and acoustic guitars is the development of “semi-acoustic” guitars, which can be wired to an amp– the exact same, however, can’t be stated regarding classical guitars.
In general the core and also objective of all guitar kinds coincide, whereas almost all the various other details are different.
Is there a right age to start learning guitar?
If your kid has actually taken a passion in songs or guitar, you could be considering providing some lessons. We’ve all seen natural born player children with jaw-dropping abilities, so you might be lured to provide your kid a head-start and also begin as young as possible.
While every youngster it varies, it’s typically a great suggestion to wait up until your child is at least 6 years old before starting guitar lessons. While youngsters younger than 6 can learn guitar, it takes an outstanding educator to get rid of the difficulty of training young children.
As a kid grows, they develop control over their fine motor skills. As a youngster’s motor skills develop, they obtain more control over the devices they use their hands for and get better quality results.
Grownups with totally expanded hands usually complain about exactly how tough it is to play guitar chords, so young children have an enormous barrier to manage. There’s a point where a young kid’s hands just can’t do what is needed.
Every kid is different, that what makes them so great. But when it comes to getting the right instrument for them, you have to get the right fit. Below is a chart that can serve as a guideline for making your choice.
Jump To Links: 1/4 – 30″ • 1/2 – 34″ • 3/4 – 36″ • 7/8 – 39″ • Full Size 40″
Will your child need guitar lessons?
The simple answer is going to be yes! However, like with the choosing the right guitar, there are a lot of factors to consider. Are you a musician for immediate or advanced guitarist? You could try teaching them the basics and more to get them started.
How does your kid learn best? How motivated are they to play and improve? How old are they? And many more factors as well.
The good news is that the resources for learning to play guitar are practically endless. Online courses, local guitar teachers, YouTube, books and tailored courses to fit your kids needs. Do your due diligence, especially if you decided to go with a local teacher, get references and make sure that they specialize in teaching children in your kids age group
How much to spend?
That’s a tough question to deal with it comes to your kids. But most of us have to take it into consideration when making these choices. The old adage “You get what you pay for” was never more true that when purchasing a guitar. The good news is that there are some very good choices that won”t break the bank.
When buying a guitar, also think about the accessories that you will need as well. Guitar case or carry bag, tuner and metronome (very important), guitar strap, strings, picks and a amplifier if your starting out with electric.
Best Guitar For Kids
- JuniorScale Size Guitar
- Traditional / Classic Body Style
- Hand-Crafted Wooden Construction
- Protective Binding
- High Gloss-Polished Body & Back
- Machine Head: Chrome 3-in-Line
- Dyed Wood Design, Rosette Linden Laminate Finish
- Starter Guitar Design Perfect for Beginners & Children
What’s in the Box:
- Guitar Picks
- Digital Guitar Tuner
- Spare Guitar Strings
- Travel / Storage Guitar Gig Bag
- Detachable Guitar Shoulder Strap
- Cleaning Cloth
Digital Guitar Tuner:
- Convenient Clip-on Design
- Tuning Range: A0 – C8 (27.5 – 4186 Hz)
- Response Time: <20ms
- Used for Stringed Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Violins, Ukuleles
- Battery Powered Tuner: Requires (1) x Button Cell (CR-2032), Included
- Tuner Size: 2.4’’ x 1.0’’ x 2.0’’ -inches
Small size, light to carry and has a good cozy audio with sufficient volume to be appreciated by a young hopeful musician and also their audience. The Hohner HAG250P is a proper size and usable starter guitar for kids in the age of 6 yrs.
It has an agathis top, sides as well as back created in classical styling with a mahogany neck, 18 frets select wood for its fingerboard, as well as the headstock has in-line chrome receivers with pearloid tricks. This little guitar is also terrific to bring along during trips or just to have a guitar on-hand around your home.
- Nylon strings
- Accurate intonation/low action
- 30” in length
- PERFECT FOR KIDS AND BEGINNERS: 30-inch electric guitar is perfect for developing musical skills, finger strength, hand-eye coordination, and a love for music
- QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: An all-wood design, steel strings, and a smooth, attractive finish combines style and durability
- AMP IT UP: This set includes a 5W amp and cable cord to amp up the sound and start rocking right away
- CARRYING CASE INCLUDED: Your little musician can take their show on the road or safely store the guitar when not in use
- EXTRA ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Comes with a guitar strap, replacement strings, and guitar picks; Recommended for ages: 6+ years
- Material: Hardwood; Synthetic Wood
- Case Material: Nylon
- Intended for right-handed users
- Recommended for ages: 6+ years
- Includes: Guitar, Shoulder straps, Carrying case, Replacement strings, (2) Guitar picks, 5W amp
- No assembly required
- This Kit is available in 4 colors: Black • Pink/White • Pink • Blue/Black
Perfect for novices searching for an attractive new audio, students looking for an affordable way to start explore jazz as well as classical structures, as well as experts looking for the ideal balance of price as well as capability for their performances and workshop work, this classical guitar makes an exceptional addition to any artist’s collection of tools.
The nylon strings on this design produce a sound that’s effective as well as pure, yet softer around the sides than the cold-blooded notes you would certainly obtain from an electric or acoustic guitar. With the normally cozy, glossy timber coating and also the delicate, distinct trim around the edges and audio opening, you’ll have a guitar that looks as good as it seems on stage.
- Don’t miss!! We’ve joined with America’s largest lessons company. When you purchase this bundle, you will get TWO MONTHS of FREE live, video lessons where you can interact and learn from an expert instructor. You’ll be on your journey to stardom in no time!
- Hola! Music Junior Classical Guitar HG-34GLS features: Spruce top, Mahogany back, sides and neck
- This 1/2 size classical guitar provides the perfect combination of style, sound, and savings. Small and light, but produces big, beautiful melodies and the Nylon strings are soft on the fingers for beginners and youngsters
- Glossy finish gives this guitar a touch of glamour. FREE padded gig bag included!
- Don’t miss!! Full description, images and specifications down the page. Hola! Music guarantees quality and affordability. Hola! – Say Hello to Music!
- 34 inch, spruce plywood, dorsal side oak
- Black fingerboard horse bridge, imitation gold peg, built-in adjustment rod, black edging
- Nylon Strings with smooth touch
- Solid body with comfortable height
- One year warranty against manufactures’ defects
Top Material: Spruce (Laminated)
Back & Sides: Basswood (Laminated)
Neck Material: Maple
Fingerboard & Bridge: Ebonized
Binding: Black ABS
Nut/Saddle: Synthetic Bone
Net Weight: 2.9 lbs
Orientation: Right handed ADM Beginner Classical Guitar 34 Inch Nylon Strings Bundle with Carrying Bag & Accessories, Natural Gloss
This Donner DAG-1M acoustic guitar bundle includes all the accessories you require to start playing ideal out of package. Package consists of Donner DAG-1M guitar, high quality gig bag, guitar capo, DT-2 tuner, strings, band, choices, as well as polishing fabric.
Conserve yourself money and time with an all-in-one guitar package!
The DAG-1 includes a spruce top with scalloped supporting, Mahogany back and also sides, chrome receiver tricks, a high quality brass strings and also a PVC pickguard.
Tuning Pegs are made of Steel for simple tuning as well as to maintain the tuned string kept in placement.
Not only does it have whatever you need to learn as well as play acoustic guitar, however it’s also priced so affordably that entering does not require a large investment.
The guitar offers cozy, vibrant, sound in your hands at a terrific cost with an option of functional and also hassle-free features that will have the beginning guitarist in your residence playing away in a snap.
Get it to take part the growing guitar excitement! Appreciate your own enjoyable and also vibrant life.
Size: 3/4 size 36 inch
Hand Orientation: Right
Body Shape: Dreadnought
Back & Sides: AAA African Mahogany
Body Top: AAA African Spruce
Neck Material: AAA African Mahogany
Neck Shape: “C” Shape
Position Inlays: Dots Inlays
Rosette: Concentric Rings
Number of Frets: 20
Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Steel
Why choose the Yamaha JR1 Guitar? Yamaha workmanship as well as using select woods throughout this instrument develop a portable folk guitar offering authentic acoustic audio. This preferred selection flaunts a beautiful top quality sound as well as impressive layout that Yamaha is famous for. And also, its 3/4 size, modeled after the FG collection, makes the small steel string JR1 one of the globe’s very successful guitars.
The bundle includesclip-on tuner, capo, guitar strap, peg winder, Legacy picks, Yamaha folk guitar strings and instructional DVD.
Body Finish: Top: Gloss, Back & Side Satin Strings Scale: 540 mm (21 1/4″)
Body Depth: 80-90 mm (3 1/8″-3 9/16″)
Finger Board Width (Nut/Body): 43 mm (1 11/16″)
Top: Spruce Back: Meranti
Side/Rib: Meranti Neck: Nato
Finger Board: Rosewood Bridge: Rosewood
Soft Case: Gig Bag
This Guitar has spruce wood panel, which is light, reasonably solid as well as soft. It equipped with truss pole, can adjust the radian of neck to get a fit string height, provided an ease and also comfort grip and strings resonance amplitude, that aids to produce fuller tones.
If you desire a guitar that is convenient to carry, can practice whenever as well as wherever you like, this 36 inch guitar would certainly be the best option.
- ADJUSTABLE STRING HEIGHT- Equipped with a truss rod that can adjust the string height, you can adjust it to a height that you will feel comfortable and can perform fluently.
- PURPLEHEART WOOD FRINGERBOARD- as a replacement of endangered rosewood, it has a high natural durability for its hard and dense features.
- SUITABLE FOR STAGE PLAYING- use spruce wood, the standard material used in soundboards, as guitar top and durable mahogany wood, which can produce deep warm tone, as sides and backs, making the guitar has a stable performance.
- TUNING HANDILY- with 2 Band EQ (bass & treble) and built in tuner, it can be tuned easily whenever and wherever you want and can increase the amplification of the guitar as well.
- WARRANTY: Our acoustic electric guitar also automatically comes with a full one-year warranty that protects against any damage or defects. Buy it with confidence.
- Body Length: 36 inch Body
- Material: Spruce Wood Body
- Back & Sides: Sapele Wood
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- String: Acoustic Guitar String
- Dimensions: 98 x 40 x 12cm/ 38.58 x 40 x 4.72 in
- Net Weight: 3814 g/8.41 lb
Full-size 39″ electric guitar and all the accessories necessary to start playing, including a 20W amplifier, digital clip-on tuner, 6 strings, 2 picks, tremolo bar, shoulder strap, and carrying bag.
- Perfect for beginner and intermediate players.
- Ideal kit for anyone interested in learning how to play the electric guitar
- Everything you need to start playing
- Rosewood fingerboard, Canadian maple neck, Solid wood body, S-S-S pickups, One-way tremolo, Pickup switch, Volume & tone controls
Everything you need to start playing: Full-size 39″ electric guitar • 20W amplifier • Digital clip-on tuner • 6 strings • 2 picks • Tremolo bar • Shoulder strap • Carrying bag
This 20W amplifier is perfect for the beginning guitarist. Complete with headphone jack and overdrive, you’ll get great quality sound.
• Power: 20W • Speaker: 6.5″/ 4 ohm • Equalization: treble, bass, gain, grind • Jacks: headphone, mp3 • Dimensions: 11.6″ x 11.2″ x 4.1″ (29.5 x 28.5 x 10.5cm) • Weight: 5.7 lbs. (2.6kg)
Digital clip-on tuner
Playing in tune is essential for any guitarist. The digital tuner included with this kit ensures that your guitar is perfectly tuned every time you sit down to play.
Easy to follow instructions will make tuning a breeze.
• A4 frequency: 440Hz • Tuning item: chromatic, guitar, bass, violin, ukulele • Tuning range: 0A (27.5Hz) – 8C (4186.01Hz) • Dimensions: 2.1″ x 1.1″ x 3.1″ (55 x 30 x 80mm) • Weight: 1.1 oz. (32g)
There is a curious state of mind with producers regarding their entry degree guitars. They often tend to think that cost-effective guitars require to look low-cost!
The mechanics, such as the neck as well as headstock angle, are dealt with the like on our costs guitars. The difference is just in the simplicity, rather than the quality.
- 3/4 size body
- 18 fret, 23 1/4”scale
- Dot inlay
- Nato Mahogany top, back and sides
- Nato Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard (12” radius)
- Rosewood bridge
- Nut width 1 11/16”
- Single-ply binding
- Die-cast tuners
Donner 39 Inch Classical Guitar Spruce Mahogany Body DCG-1 Full Size Beginner Acoustic Classical Guitar Package
This Donner DCG-1 classical acoustic guitar bundle consists of all the devices you need to start playing ideal out of the box.
Bundle includes Donner DCG-1 acoustic guitar, good quality gig bag, guitar capo, DT-2 tuner, strings, picks, string winder and brightening fabric.
Conserve yourself money and time with an all-in-one classical acoustic guitar bundle!
The DCG-1 features a spruce top with scalloped bracing, Mahogany back and also sides, chrome receiver keys, a good quality nylon strings.
Tuning Pegs are made of steel for simple tuning and also to keep the tuned string held in setting. Not only does it have every little thing you require to find out and play classical guitar, but it’s additionally valued so cost effectively that jumping in doesn’t call for a huge investment.
The classical guitar offers cozy, lively, sound in your hands at a terrific cost with a selection of convenient and also functional attributes that will have the beginning guitar player in your house strumming away in a snap.
- Full size 39 inch classical guitar for full and vibrant tone, comes strung with premium nylon strings.
- Right-hand design, spruce top and mahogany back and sides bring you richer and brighter sound.
- Comes with gig bag, guitar strap, guitar capo, strings, digital clip-on tuner , polishing cloth, guitar picks and footstool.
- Perfect for beginner students or a young player, started on this beautiful instrument will have a good chance of loving the guitar.
- 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support, you can rest assured to buy our products.
Classical Guitar with Soft Nylon Strings by Hola! Music, Full Size 39 Inch Model HG-39GLS, Natural Gloss Finish
Unlike several of the other models on our chart of the best classical guitars under $150, such as Cordoba or Yamaha, this cost effective version does not have the name of a large brand behind it. The classical guitar from Hola! Music still shows off some extremely preferable features for a newbie on a budget plan.
Style and Design
To define this guitar as ‘no fuss’ would not precisely be fair, although there is absolutely nothing over the top in terms of style– it’s a full-size nylon-stringed guitar, which sporting activities standard classical looks. The appealing shiny surface, attractive rosette, body binding, and also craftsmanship exudes a high quality– greater than the low-cost rate tag suggests anyhow.
Sound and Tone
This model from Hola! Songs is never going to defeat the abundant as well as intricate tones you ‘d get with a costs classical guitar, however it’s still more than sufficient in giving a clear as well as warm sound that’s ideal for beginners as well as intermediate guitar players alike.
The truth that it’s not caked in gloss (instead, just a slim lacquer) aids it reverberate easily as well as allows the natural tone of the woods to shine.
There are no electronic devices in this classical guitar, but it does feature a set of suitable open-gear tuners and also pearloid tuning tricks. Once again, these are extremely traditional in their feel and look, and do a great task of holding the adjusting.
The general tone and feeling is enhanced by a nut and saddle made from Tusq, which is a revitalizing modification from the plastic nuts frequently found on various other spending plan versions.
Inside the neck sits a two-way truss pole for easy adjusting of the guitar’s activity (it includes the right truss pole secret). Lastly, this version comes bundled with a cushioned job bag, which comes in handy for keeping and– with knapsack bands– carrying this guitar to as well as from lessons.
Whatever you require to begin playing right away comes in one box. Save yourself the headache and also save some money while you’re at it. A hard case is included so you can keep your instrument securely stored when you’re on the go.
A user friendly clip-on receiver is consisted of so you can keep your instrument harmonic.A strap is consisted of so you can practice or better yet execute while standing up. Strings are consisted of so you have added for later.
Choices are consisted of so you can start playing right out of the box. An educational DVD is consisted of so you can get some ideas while learning your brand-new instrument.A polishing towel is consisted of so you can maintain your new instrument in mint condition.
This finely-crafted Yamaha guitar offers terrific sound as well as playing ease. The primary brand name for pupils, Yamaha acoustic guitars are excellent for newbies.Yamaha acoustic guitars are manufactured with high requirements of top quality, unlike the many common tools jumbling the market today.
They use a positive knowing experience, not just in terms of their acoustic high qualities however also in terms of playability.
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Back & Sides: Meranti
- Neck: Nato
- Tuners: Die-cast Chrome
- Body Style: Dreadnought
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Pick Guard: Tortoise-shell
- Nut Width: 1 11/16″
- String Scale: 25″
- Body Depth: 3 3/4″ – 4 9/16″
- Color: Tobacco Sunburst
- Finish: Gloss Warranty: Limited Lifetime
The Epiphone Les Paul Electric Guitar Player Pack is a fantastic method to save time and also jump begin a profession in music. It consists of an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar, Electar-10 amp with overdrive, gig bag, pinch-on receiver, band, wire, guitar picks and also totally free eMedia guitar lessons on-line.
Epiphone’s number one selling design LP Special II is a fantastic means for beginners to get going on guitar while getting the feel and tone of a Les Paul. Because it’s a great-sounding workhorse of a guitar that permits them to leave their extra expensive axes at residence, seasoned pros additionally like the Special II.
The Electar-10 amp is a 10-watt amp with overdrive. It features 2-band EQ for tone shaping. There are additionally inputs for earphones as well as linking a music resource such as an MP3 or CD gamer.
Includes: Les Paul Special II guitar Electar-10 amp with overdrive Epiphone gig bag Pinch-on tuner Strap Cable Guitar picks Free eMedia guitar lessons online
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: ’60s SlimTaper D
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12″
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.68″ (42.67mm)
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Novice Acoustic Guitar 41 ″ Cutaway Guitar, Steel String Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Capo, Strings, Strap, Picks as well as Polishing Cloth Starter Kit
Top-notch Materials– 20 Frets Rosewood Fingerboard (dot inlays on 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 17th as well as 15th worries), Soild Spruce Top Sapele Back and also Sides bring you richer and brighter noise, shows a pleasingly warmer as well as darker tone than that produced by an extra traditional timber combination.
Amazing Sound and Tone– When you are shopping for a Acoustic Guitar instrument don’t shop by cost, economical novices guitar can be bad high quality and the noise from it exact same. Our newbie guitar appears almost like an expensive professional guitar. After you jammed your initial mins you will recognize what we are talking about.
Exceptional Guitar For Beginners– Do you any person that likes playing acoustic guitar or somebody that just loves music? This could be an amazing present for them. Perfect for individuals who are just getting started with Guitar.
Thank you for reading my article on the Best Guitar For Kids, come back soon.
Here Are Some Other Guitars For Your Consideration As Best Guitar For Kids